Mental Health Counselor
Do you have a passion for helping others? Are you wanting to join a team that fosters a fun, healthy and balanced work culture? Pend Oreille County is seeking a Mental Health Counselor to join our team!
Pend Oreille Country is located in North Eastern Washington, on the boarder of Northern Idaho and Canada, with Newport, Washington being the County seat. We are just miles from major cities such as Spokane, Washington and Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. We offer rural living, fantastic recreational opportunities, and beautiful scenery! In short, Pend Oreille County is a great place to live, work, and play.
4 day work week optional after 6 month probationary period is completed.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Provide professional mental health services to consumers of this Agency and the contracted Behavioral Health Organizations. Services include, but are not limited to, outpatient individual, group and family therapy, crisis services and case management. Works cooperatively and effectively with the public and other employees. This is an exempt, union position with designation as a DMHP.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in mental health counseling, social work or other closely related field.
- Possess a valid State of Washington issued credential to practice as a counselor, without restriction, probation, or limiting condition or threat thereof, or proof of application must be provided within 30 days of beginning employment.
- Possess a valid National Provider Identification Number (NPI), or proof of application must be provided within sixty (60) days of beginning employment.
- Possess education, training or experience, which clearly demonstrate knowledge and skills related to the treatment of psychiatric disorders.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment in all areas of job performance including adherence to appropriate professional boundaries and strict confidentiality practices in regard to client activities and documentation.
- Able to apply clinical judgment, ethics and accountability to formulate and implement treatment plans and other clinical documentation.
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle stressful and crisis situations tactfully and appropriately.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass a background check, a driving record check and a pre-employment physical.
- Is not a State or Federal (OIG) and System for Award Management (SAM) excluded provider, in any capacity for the Medicare, Medicaid, and all Federal health Care programs.
Pend Oreille County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.