WISe Family Partner
Do you have a passion for helping others? Are you wanting to join a team that fosters a fun, healthy and balanced work culture? Pend Oreille County is seeking a WISe Family Partner to join our team.
Pend Oreille Country is located in North Eastern Washington, on the boarder of Northern Idaho and Canada, with Newport, Washington being the County seat. We are just miles from major cities such as Spokane, Washington and Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. We offer rural living, fantastic recreational opportunities, and beautiful scenery! In short, Pend Oreille County is a great place to live, work, and play.
Salary: $2,996.91 – $3,729.59/month
4 day work week optional after 6 month probationary period is completed.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Provide wraparound intensive services (WISe) to youth and families with complex behavioral healthcare needs, within the home and community environment. WISe is intended to facilitate greater care coordination of services and supports throughout the system of care, to maintain children safely in their home and community. WISe services are strength-based, individualized and emphasize youth and family voice in the planning, delivery and evaluation of services. The WISe Family Partner provides peer support services to youth and their families. Works with the WISe Team, comprised of youth, parents/guardians, other natural supports and professionals. Services include, but are not limited to, providing a role model to WISe youth and other family members and participation in Child and Family Team activities. Work cooperatively and effectively with the public and other employees. This is a non-exempt, union position.
- Possess a valid State of Washington issued credential to practice as a counselor, without restriction, probation, or limiting condition or threat thereof, or proof of application must be provided within 30 days of beginning employment.
- Hold certification as a Washington State Peer Support Counselor, with willingness to acknowledge ‘lived experience’ to consumer and others, as appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Prefer Bachelor’s degree in counseling or related field.
- Completed a Peer Counselor WRAP training with wiliness to complete additional WRAP trainings.
- Able to demonstrate insight, accountability and be proactive with own recovery, to best serve clients, agency integrity, as well as an ambassador of the Peer Recovery model.
- Have high level of flexibility and accessibility, to include ability to work evenings and weekends to meet the needs of youth and families where and when they need support.
- Must be able to handle stressful and crisis situations tactfully and appropriately.
- Have a strong understanding of Wraparound Intensive Services
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work with individuals on a one-on-one basis or collaboratively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate clear respect for consumer rights and dignity.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment in all areas of job performance including adherence to appropriate professional boundaries, ethics, accountability and strict confidentiality practices regarding client activities and documentation.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass a background check, a driving record check and a pre-employment physical.
- Is not a State or Federal (OIG) or System for Award Management (SAM) excluded provider, in any capacity for the Medicare, Medicaid, and all Federal health Care programs.
- Possess a valid National Provider Identification Number (NPI), or proof of application must be provided within sixty (60) days of beginning employment.
- Have proficient written skills and be computer literate (able to use applications such as MS word, email, internet and able to type 20-25 WPM).
Pend Oreille County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.