Facsimile Transmissions are accepted at the Pend Oreille County Clerk’s Office as of January 1, 2010. A fax copy shall constitute an original for all court purposes. Documents being faxed must:
- bear the notation; “SENT on ________________(date) VIA FAX FOR FILING IN COURT. (GR 17)
- have the original copy retained by the party for 60 days after completion of the case. (GR 17)
- be accompanied by a fax transmittal sheet. (link below)
- be prepaid ($5.00 for the first page and $1.00 for each page thereafter.)
- have approval of the Clerk’s Office if over 20 pages during business hours. Call (509) 447-2435
Documents requiring filing fees may be faxed. These include, but are not limited to, original petitions or complaints, jury demands, writs, notices of appeal and petitions to modify child support. Payment must be made prior to FAX filing.
Original wills and negotiable instruments may not be filed by facsimile transmission.
FAX Transmittal Sheet