Pend Oreille Country is located in North Eastern Washington, on the boarder of Northern Idaho and Canada, with Newport, Washington being the County seat. We are just miles from major cities such as Spokane, Washington and Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. We offer rural living, fantastic recreational opportunities, and beautiful scenery! In short, Pend Oreille County is a great place to live, work, and play.
Salary Range:$2626.35 – $3321.42
Hiring Salary Range: $2626.35 – $2952.90 DOE
Benefits, which include: Eligibility for health, HRA Veba, Health Saving Account, voluntary dental, and vision coverage, PERS retirement plan options, subject to plan terms. Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as life insurance, short and long-term disability, subject to applicable waiting periods. 37.5 hour work week, 11 County paid holidays. 2 Floating holidays each year, vacation and sick leave accrued from first day of employment, Paid twice per month on the 10th and the 25th of each month.
Responsible for receiving and welcoming the public to the Department. Often the first point of contact, must be friendly, proficient at sequential tasking, and able to provide initial telephone crisis triage and clerical supports. Must be able to work cooperatively and effectively with the public and other employees. This position is non-exempt and subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent public relations skills.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Willing to work with diverse people and to respect their dignity at all times.
- Must be able to follow directions and accurately complete duties in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality in regard to client activities and documentation.
- Attention to detail, critical thinking skills and experience in working in a multiple-task environment
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and typing skills.
- Must be familiar with computer, spreadsheet, database, relational report writing software, electronic record systems, word processing, and use of other office equipment.
- Must successfully pass a background check, driving record check and pre-employment physical.
- Is not a State or Federal (OIG) excluded provider, in any capacity for the Medicare, Medicaid, and all Federal health care programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Open Reception Office promptly at 8:00 am (priority duty).
- Receive and welcome clients to the Department (priority duty).
- Triage incoming crises and route to appropriate party (priority duty).
- Determine the nature of the visitors business and take appropriate action to ensure expedient service (priority duty).
- Answer incoming telephone calls (priority duty). Route calls to the appropriate recipient.
- Accurately record and distribute messages in a timely manner.
- Coordinate scheduling of client appointments.
- Type/fax correspondence, memos, reports or other documentation as required.
- Maintain Appointment Calendar.
- Enter and Exit clients from the computerized case load system.
- Record client status data in the computer system and provide staff members with reports as required.
- Update and supply required forms and maintain originals in the computer system.
- Maintain client chart filing system.
- Establish client charts.
- File documentation in client charts and administrative files.
- Accomplish the appropriate actions regarding ITA legal paperwork.
- Maintain agency inventory.
- Schedule/maintain teleconferencing unit. Attend site meetings for updates to system.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork and mutual respect among staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Office work environment. This position requires working directly with clients. Potential risks associated with health and human services to persons with serious mental health, drug and alcohol problems, and developmental and physical disabilities, to include possible exposure to poor hygiene, inappropriate or violent behaviors and/or contagious diseases, such as hepatitis. Expect periods of sitting and standing. Hand-eye coordination and fine manipulation skills are necessary to operate computers and various office machines. This position requires good communication skills and handling and lifting of client charts, up to 30 pounds. Regular and punctual attendance is required. Because of the nature of this position, duties must be performed during regular hours within the department (no telecommuting).