Pend Oreille Country is located in North Eastern Washington, on the boarder of Northern Idaho and Canada, with Newport, Washington being the County seat. We are just miles from major cities such as Spokane, Washington and Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. We offer rural living, fantastic recreational opportunities, and beautiful scenery! In short, Pend Oreille County is a great place to live, work, and play.
Salary: $5,833.33 – $6,416.67 per month DOE
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
This management position provides reliable, secure, cost effective infrastructure capabilities used in the delivery of all county critical data processes and services. Primary leadership responsibility in directing the efficient operational functions while maintaining stringent security measures. Responsible for planning and managing computer operations and supervises production support, systems and database administration, network operations, PC/desktop support and customer service. Provide department leadership.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, cybersecurity, network administration or closely related field; 10 years of extensive experience in managing infrastructure and IT operations including three years in a supervisory or managerial capacity.
- Experience and operation knowledge of information security management frameworks, such as, but not limited to: International Standards Organization (ISO) 2700x, U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) Security Policy.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience which provide the applicant and the county with the necessary attributes for this position will be considered.
- Valid driver’s license
- Successful completion a background check, driving record check, and pre-employement physical
- Supervise the technical staff in the successful fulfillment of IT service delivery commitments. Train new staff, conduct performance reviews, provides leadership and coaching, including technical and professional development programs for team members, and issues disciplinary action as necessary.
- Manage activities related to vendor relationships, contract and commercial terms and conditions, and product or service performance. Anticipate, identify, monitor and mitigate risks associated with third-party providers of IT-related goods and services.
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of IT service management as it relates to the Information Infrastructure Library (ITIL) set of practices.
- Extensive knowledge of infrastructure planning and IT operations, security architecture design and deployment, vendor management, as well as system life cycle management.
- Strong budget planning, financial management and resource management skills.
- Expert knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions and strategic application to business needs.
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects or diverse scopes in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to improve operational efficiency and service delivery effectiveness across lines of business and changes to the infrastructure.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms. In-depth knowledge and understanding of information security concepts, protocols, industry best practices and strategies.
- Controls, LAN/WAN networks, and data storage.
- Experience in application and system technology security testing (white box, black box, code review).
- IT operations analytical software.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the execution of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value to the enterprise. Monitor and report compliance with security policies, as well as the enforcement of written operating procedures within the Information Technology Services Department.
- Develop an IT infrastructure security program and initiate security projects that address identified risks and regulatory security requirements. Monitor and report compliance with security policies and procedures. Coordinate the implementation of technical controls to support and enforce defined security policies.
- Project management for new IT infrastructure, life cycle replacement systems, and new services for outside agencies.
- Maintain all enterprise IT infrastructure within and across organization boundaries. Represent the Information Technology Services Department on infrastructure security and operational issues impacting both internal and external customers.
- Manage and coordinate operational components of security incident management, including detection, response and reporting. Manage the day-to-day activities of threat and vulnerability management, identify risk tolerances, recommend treatment plans and communicate information about residual risk.
- Ensure audit trails, system logs and other monitoring data sources are reviewed periodically and are in compliance with regulatory policies and audit requirements. Design, coordinate and oversea security testing procedures to verify the security of systems, networks and applications, and manage the remediation of identified risks.
- Develop operational plans that meet the architecture or technology needs of the IT infrastructure. Incorporate into the plans business priorities, strategies, goals, emerging technologies, industry trends and economic viability. Create and manage the operational aspects of the IT budget.
- Review infrastructure security risk evaluations and compliance management processes. Lead technical team in infrastructure planning, engineering, and deployment in order to meet security and operational requirements.
- Develop budget projections based on short- and long-term goals and objectives. Review all new IT procurements to ensure security policies are factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration of hardware, applications, and software. Oversee infrastructure and operations expenditures and capital budget IT procurement.
- Assist and guide the disaster recovery planning team in the selection of recovery strategies and the development, testing and maintenance of disaster recovery plans.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment. An occasional presentation of technical and complex information is required. Some work requires to be performed after normal work hours and on weekends. Frequent local travel and occasional in-state and out-of-state travel required.
Please see the above IT Director Job Description for the full qualifications and job functions.