The Pend Oreille County Counseling Service Team is seeking a driven, team oriented and dependable individual to join their department as a receptionist.
Pend Oreille Country is located in North Eastern Washington, on the boarder of Northern Idaho and Canada, with Newport, Washington being the County seat. We are just miles from major cities such as Spokane, Washington and Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. We offer rural living, fantastic recreational opportunities, and beautiful scenery! In short, Pend Oreille County is a great place to live, work, and play.
Salary: $2,499.37 – $2,810.13 per month DOE
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This position is responsible for receiving and welcoming the public to the Department. Receives all incoming telephone calls to the Department. Provides clerical support. Works cooperatively and effectively with the public and other employees. This is a non-exempt position, subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
- Excellent public relations skills.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Willing to work with people having problems and to respect their dignity at all times.
- Must be able to follow directions and accurately complete duties in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality in regard to client activities and documentation.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and typing skills.
- Must be familiar with computer, spreadsheet, database, relational report writing software, electronic record systems, word processing, and use of other office equipment.
- Is not a State or Federal (OIG) excluded provider, in any capacity for the Medicare, Medicaid, and all Federal health care programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Open Reception Office promptly at 8:00 am (priority duty).
- Receive and welcome clients to the Department (priority duty).
- Determine the nature of the visitors business and take appropriate action to ensure
- expedient service (priority duty).
- Answer incoming telephone calls (priority duty). Route calls to the appropriate recipient.
- Accurately record and distribute messages in a timely manner.
- Coordinate scheduling of client appointments.
- Type/fax correspondence, memos, reports or other documentation as required.
- Maintain Appointment Calendar.
- Enter and Exit clients from the computerized case load system.
- Record client status data in the computer system and provide staff members with reports as required.
- Update and supply required forms and maintain originals in the computer system.
- Maintain client chart filing system.
- Establish client charts.
- File documentation in client charts and administrative files.
- Accomplish the appropriate actions regarding ITA legal paperwork.
- Maintain agency inventory.
- Schedule/maintain teleconferencing unit. Attend site meetings for updates to system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Office work environment. This position requires working directly with clients. Potential risks associated with health and human services to persons with serious mental health, drug and alcohol problems, and developmental and physical disabilities, to include possible exposure to poor hygiene, inappropriate or violent behaviors and/or contagious diseases, such as hepatitis. Expect periods of sitting and standing. Hand-eye coordination and fine manipulation skills are necessary to operate computers and various office machines. This position requires good communication skills and handling of client charts, up to 30 pounds. Regular and punctual attendance is required. Because of the nature of this position, duties must be performed during regular hours within the department (no telecommuting).
For all qualifications and working conditions please see attached job description above.
Pend Oreille County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.