*ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS DURING THE OFF SEASON* This is a permanent seasonal Part-Time (less than 20 hours per week). Work is performed on weekends, between Memorial Day and Labor Day Weekend, with a training course beforehand.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Civil Service application. Testing is by appointment. See Below for all the information.
Wage: $20.58/hour. No benefits.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Primary responsibilities of the Marine Patrol Technician include: assisting a Deputy Sheriff in their duties of enforcing Federal, State and local boating laws; patrol boat operation; conducting vessel inspections and search and rescue activities; assisting the Deputy Sheriff with preparing reports and other paperwork that is necessary in the performance of the Marine Patrol Program. The Marine Patrol Technician shall assure that all vessels and watercraft are in good working order; conduct minor maintenance and small repairs when required; and arrange and schedule major repairs and other maintenance as required or necessary. Training may include the Washington State Boating Enforcement Class prior to Memorial Day Weekend (a 40 hour week-long course). The Wa. State Boaters Education Card is required prior to start date.
GENERAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent U.S. resident at time of appointment.
- Must speak, read, write legibly and spell correctly in the English language.
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at time of appointment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid vehicle operator’s license.
- Washington State Boaters Education Card is required prior to start date if hired.
- Boating experience preferred.
- Prior law enforcement or military experience preferred but not required.
- Upon passing the Civil Service Test, applications forwarded to the Sheriff’s Office (certified applicants) will be subject to additional testing by the Sheriff’s Office including, but not limited to, a thorough criminal history check, a polygraph, physical (medical) check, and psychological tests.
TO APPLY: Civil Service Application Required. See below to print an application (you cannot apply on-line), pick up or request a copy by mail, from the Pend Oreille County Civil Service Office, 625 W. 4th St., Newport, WA 99156, Monday through Friday 8:00AM-4:30PM. (509) 447-6480.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: By 4:00pm., in person at 625 W. 4th St. Newport, WA., or via mail (PO BOX 5060, Newport, WA 99156).
PEND OREILLE COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER