Qualifications for this program depend on amount of acreage:
1. Twenty acres or more being used primarily for commercial purposes.
· Must fully complete the application.
· Provide all leases that may pertain to the property.
· Pay required application fee of $500.00 per parcel.
· Completed application and $100.00 (per parcel) non-refundable fee.
· Upon approval, balance of $400.00 (per parcel) fee (recording fees are included in application fees).
2. Less than Twenty acres being farmed primarily for commercial purposes.
· Must produce a gross income equivalent to $200 or more per acre per year for three of five years preceding the date of application.
· Must provide proof of all income requirements.
· Pay required application fee of $1,250.00 per parcel.
· Complete application fee and $250.00 (per parcel) non-refundable fee.
· Upon approval, balance of $1,000.00 (per parcel) fee (recording fees are included in application fees).
The year application is returned to the Assessor’s Office will be the application year (1st year).
The following year (2nd year) will be the inspection year. The property applied for will be physically inspected by the Assessor’s Office. Prior to May 31 of this year, the Assessor’s Office will notify the applicant in writing of approval or denial. If approved and the applicant would like to continue the application process, they will need to pay the required application fee.
The (3rd year) will be the benefit year. All property that has been approved for the program will be added to the tax rolls with the benefit.
Applicants must provide proof of income to Assessor’s Office every year in order to continue in the program.
PLEASE NOTE: Any incomplete applications will be returned. The application date will be the date the completed application is returned to the Assessor’s Office. Any non-compliance or change in use that causes removal from the program will result in additional taxes to be calculated with penalties and interest.
*Application fees are subject to change*
Current Use – Farm & Agriculture Land Application
Applications must be returned to the Pend Oreille County Assessor’s Office located at 625 W 4th St, Newport, WA 99156