Notice COVID-19

On March 24, 2020, Governor Inslee issued Proclamation 20-28 excusing public agencies from responding to public records requests within 5 business days, which is otherwise required by RCW 42.56.520(1). Pend Oreille County is making every effort to continue providing a response to any new public records request within the 5-day period. However, because staff are reduced and/or working remotely, there may be delays in providing you with an initial response to your public records request. In addition, many offices are currently closed to the public, including in-person public records requests or inspection. We appreciate your understanding.

Public Records Directory

Pend Oreille County Information:

For Recorded Marriage Licenses, Deeds, Military Discharge Papers & Other Real Estate Documents
Linda Blore, Recording Supervisor
(509) 447-6473

For Divorce Decrees, Probate Records, or other documents filed in Pend Oreille County Superior Court
Tammie Ownbey, Pend Oreille County Clerk
(509) 447-2435

For Sheriff’s Office Incident Reports & County Accident Reports
Ciara Queen, Civil Deputy
(509) 447-3151 ext. 1907

For all other County Requests
David Whiting, Public Records Officer
(509) 447-6930

For Washington State Birth and Death
Certificates from 1920 to Present:
Spokane Regional Health District
Vital Records
(509) 324-1500 (General Information)
(509) 324-1522 (Birth/Death Records Information)
(509) 324-1524 (To order Birth/Death Records)

Colville Office
(509) 827-3218


Resolutions Regarding Public Records

Resolution 2006-23  Dispensing with Records Index

Resolution 2006-24 Appointing Auditor as Public Records Officer

Resolution 2006-25  Adopting a Public Records Policy

Resolution 2012-3  Adopting Policy Substanial Number of Documents

Printable Request Form

Public Records Request Form

Submit form to:

David Whiting
Public Records Officer
625 W 4th Street / PO Box 5015
Newport WA 99156
(509) 447-6930


Pend Oreille County Auditor’s Office

625 W 4th Street / PO Box 5015
Newport WA 99156

Click here to add your own text