Facilitator Fee: $10.00
The Family Law Court Facilitator assists pro se litigants in family law cases. A pro se litigant is a person who does not have an attorney and is representing himself or herself in a court action. The Family Law Court Facilitator assists with domestic relation cases such as dissolutions, support or custody modifications, contempt, nonparental custody, and paternity actions.
The Family Law Court Facilitator CAN:
- Explain the family court process
- Provide forms for family court cases
- Help schedule court hearings
- Check paperwork for completeness
- Assist in calculating child support
- Assist both parties in the family law action
- Refer litigants to other agencies for additional help
- Assist with Domestic Violence Protection Orders
The Family Law Court Facilitator CANNOT:
- Provide assistance in cases other than family law cases
- Answer your questions by telephone
You may make an appointment by calling the Pend Oreille County Clerk’s Office at (509) 447-2435 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Appointments must be paid in full by the day prior to the appointment.
Form packets are available for a fee ranging from $5.00 to $35.00 depending upon the number of pages in the packet. Forms are not available through the mail but may be picked up at the Pend Oreille County Clerk’s Office between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.