Major rehabilitation of Fertile Valley Road
Don Ramsey, P.E.
George W. Luft
Eric M. Roth, P.L.S.
Partners- WSDOT & County Road Administration Board
County Contribution (Estimated $230,000.00)
Project Funding (Estimated $2,319,000.00)
Anticipated Project Start-Spring 2018
Anticipated Project Completion-Fall of 2018
- Preliminary Design ConceptWinter 2001
- Field Surveying of project limitsSpring/Summer of 2002
- Preliminary DesignWinter 2003
- Field Stake Proposed AlignmentSpring Of 2003
- Matching Funding From County Not AvailableSummer 2003
- Project Put On A Status Of HoldFall 2003
- Project Funding Reviewed, Field Staking RecoveredSpring 2007
- Project Remains On HoldFall 2007
- Project Funding ReviewSpring 2017 Status-Return Funding Or Proceed
- Project DeterminationSummer 2017-Board Of County Commissioners agree to seek matching fund budgeting
- Public MeetingThere was a meeting on 1/23/2018 for the users of this corridor.
There were many road users in attendance, and PW Staff answered questions regarding Alignment, Water Drainage, Snow Removal, Driveway and Road Access, Pavement Width and Sewer/Utilities, Roadway Closures During The Project. PW thanks everyone for bringing their questions forward.
- Shoreline Substantial Development PermitThe SSDP advertised in the Newport Miner on 1/24/2018. Public Comment Period will remain open until 2/8/2018. Signs were posted on both ends of the project.
- Request for Qualifications-Material Testing and InspectionA Request for Qualifications for Material Testing and Project Inspection was published in the Newport Miner on 1/24/2018. POC is seeking an engineering firm to provide testing of project materials, compaction and concrete & asphalt placement during construction activities.
- Mandatory Pre Bid MeetingThe engineering team held the mandatory pre bid meeting on March 22nd. There were over 20 in attendance.